Sunday, February 28, 2010

A View From My Little Orange Studio


This was not today of course.  Most of what can be seen from my studio today are shades of white, brown and grey...February...New England.   Still pretty, but today I prefer to think of this sunset last fall....one of the most colorful moments I've seen from my window, and my lame attempt at photography doesn't do justice to the colors I saw that evening.  I try to recreate them as I mix gobs of purple and orange with iridescent yellow on my paper plate, but I can't quite accomplish any of these colors in acrylic. 

Today I practice... mixing, gluing, shading, sketching, painting hair.  Happy, colorful distractions from my newly shaved head.  I really didn't know my head was so little. (-:

love,e

No comments:

Post a Comment